Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

documentation of governing equations

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to get a better insight as to how COMSOL simulates its models and for that I'm trying to understand the equations it uses. I can find the equations for the simulations under the equations tab but there doesn't seem to be a name provided with any of the equations or any explanation of the nomenclature used for the variables. Could somebody provide me with any information about the equations used in COMSOL or a method of how I could learn more about how COMSOL performs simulations, i.e. the equations it uses to solve the simulations?

0 Replies Last Post 9 apr 2015, 13:06 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Paul C

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.