Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Reg license of comsol 3.5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have got a license for comsol v3.5 which has specified host id in it (say Host Id A which is not my workstation),

Now I have installed COMSOL in my system without changing anything in the license file. But when I run COMSOL, I get error saying :

Error: 9016
Could not obtain license for COMSOL
License Error: -96
License server machine is down or not responding

Can anyone suggest what I can do to make it work?

Do I need to reread the license file from LM Tool of the host server and restart it?

I guess I can not change the host id specified in the license file to point to my system ..Can I ?

1 Reply Last Post 30 giu 2010, 16:33 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 giu 2010, 16:33 GMT-4
Hi

if your licence file is stating another host ID as yours, I suppose it's either a floating licence, and the licence "server" is the one mentionned, but if so obviously it's not up running from the other messages you get, - or something went wrong and you have simply not the correct licence file.

For these issues the quickest is always to get in contact with your local rep or "support" they can guide you the best way. For me they have always been very efficient

Good luck
Ivar
Hi if your licence file is stating another host ID as yours, I suppose it's either a floating licence, and the licence "server" is the one mentionned, but if so obviously it's not up running from the other messages you get, - or something went wrong and you have simply not the correct licence file. For these issues the quickest is always to get in contact with your local rep or "support" they can guide you the best way. For me they have always been very efficient Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.