Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

calculate the concentration of oxygen through porous support

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

It is the first time I used Comsol, my project consist in the measure of gas permeability through porous support. Within Comsol I have already create the plan geometry and put the boundary and area parameters. Basically the project consist injecting nitrogen flow in one side and air flow in the other side, between both of them the porous support is insert, the aim is to calculate the concentration of oxygen passing through the porous membrane. I have just compute, it gives an error.
If anybody know how to fixed it I will be grateful, please find attached my file.

Thanks in advance,

Maxime

1 Reply Last Post 26 mag 2015, 09:29 GMT-4
Eric Favre COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 26 mag 2015, 09:29 GMT-4
Hello Maxime,

I'm not sure you have set-up your problem correctly. If you want to study how 2 species mix and react together in a pourous medium, the porous reactor example of the model library of the Chemical Reaction Engineering Module provides possibly some good hints.

related content :
www.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-reacting-flow-porous-media/
www.comsol.com/model/porous-reactor-with-injection-needle-25

Good luck,
Eric Favre
Hello Maxime, I'm not sure you have set-up your problem correctly. If you want to study how 2 species mix and react together in a pourous medium, the porous reactor example of the model library of the Chemical Reaction Engineering Module provides possibly some good hints. related content : http://www.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-reacting-flow-porous-media/ http://www.comsol.com/model/porous-reactor-with-injection-needle-25 Good luck, Eric Favre

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.