Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

transformer simulation with AC/DC, HEAT TRANSFER

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I would like to simulate a three phase transformer in 3D with more module in the same time.
The aim of my model is seeing the effect of the magnetic field (eddy current, leakage flux) for the temperature.
First I simulated only the magnetic field, then only the heat transfer in solids, and these were working.
But when I tried to simulate the magnetic field and the heat transfer in solids physics in the same time it don't want to converge (In this case i used only air). So this is my first problem. Which solver configuration can you offer?

In general my model is an oil filled transformer, so it will be perfect with a fluid flow module. In this case does my model need the heat transfer module too or only the CFD module?

Thanks,
Anna

1 Reply Last Post 17 nov 2015, 12:05 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anna Szakállas

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 17 nov 2015, 12:05 GMT-5
Hi Anna,

I am just getting familiar with COMSOL and believe you do need the heat transfer model as I was told by their principals.

Abe
Hi Anna, I am just getting familiar with COMSOL and believe you do need the heat transfer model as I was told by their principals. Abe

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.