Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary condition for potential in electrodeposition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to simulate electrodeposition of metal ions on a pure metal electrode, by using the Mathematics module (General form PDE). The boundary conditions for electrostatic potential are given as 0 volts on the left boundary and "the electric potential gradient on the right boundary is maintained at a constant value" (say, 0.5 volts).

How should I represent a gradient value on a boundary? Which boundary condition should I use?

Your replies would be most helpful.

Thanks,
Nihal

2 Replies Last Post 6 giu 2015, 13:19 GMT-4

Posted: 9 years ago 6 giu 2015, 02:53 GMT-4
Hi

Neumann condition is what you need. In general form PDE it is the Flux/Source condition. Gamma = -ux where u is the dependent variable (potential). Give a value for the variable g.

br
Lasse
Hi Neumann condition is what you need. In general form PDE it is the Flux/Source condition. Gamma = -ux where u is the dependent variable (potential). Give a value for the variable g. br Lasse

Posted: 9 years ago 6 giu 2015, 13:19 GMT-4
Hi,

Thank you so much.

Best regards,
Nihal
Hi, Thank you so much. Best regards, Nihal

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.