Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Convergence Plot and Log File in Application Builder

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hallo,

I already have a Comsol Model, Now i want to build an application with this.
Because i have used a segregated solver, there is “Convergence Plot” besides “Graphics” in the Model Builder and the Log file below which record data during computing.

But i can only select “Graphics” in the Application Builder by creating a “New Form” and i don't know how to add the "convergence Plot" and Log file to the application builder.

How can i add the "convergence Plot" and Log file to my app.

Any help would be much appreciated....

2 Replies Last Post 10 giu 2015, 14:14 GMT-4
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 10 giu 2015, 09:45 GMT-4
Hi,

The Log window is available as a form object. You can add it to a form by selecting Log from the Insert Object menu on the Form toolbar. Convergence plots are currently not available in the Application Builder.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
Hi, The Log window is available as a form object. You can add it to a form by selecting Log from the Insert Object menu on the Form toolbar. Convergence plots are currently not available in the Application Builder. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Posted: 9 years ago 10 giu 2015, 14:14 GMT-4
Thank you very much~ have already successful done with the log file.

Sorry but got a new problem,

i'm trying to let the Iteration sum (how many times iteration have been done till my defined relative tolerance reached ) displays in the user interface which created by application builder.

i think it might be possible by creating a new form and selecting the "data display" in the insert Object menu, but i don't know the variable for this iteration sum, i have already tried with "niterCMP" , but this variable is only available during solution process according to the ReferenceManual.

now i can get this iteration sum by reading the convergence plot curve or the log file, but i can‘t find a direct access to this variable.

is there an access to iteration sum in comsol application builder?
Thank you very much~ have already successful done with the log file. Sorry but got a new problem, i'm trying to let the Iteration sum (how many times iteration have been done till my defined relative tolerance reached ) displays in the user interface which created by application builder. i think it might be possible by creating a new form and selecting the "data display" in the insert Object menu, but i don't know the variable for this iteration sum, i have already tried with "niterCMP" , but this variable is only available during solution process according to the ReferenceManual. now i can get this iteration sum by reading the convergence plot curve or the log file, but i can‘t find a direct access to this variable. is there an access to iteration sum in comsol application builder?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.