Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Questions about "Time Dependent Study"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, guys

I met with a problem in learning the "Heat Transfer in Fluids" recently.

when I process time-dependent study, under the same BC, I can get a successful result with a "short time". (For example, start: 0, step: 1 year, stop: 3 year) But an error would come up with a "long time", by long time, I mean maybe thousands of years or millions of years.

But it supposed to get a stationary result when a "really long time" is applied in time-dependent study,isn't it? So why this error occurs? Can you tell which part of my setup need to be modified?

Thank you very much for your time !

1 Reply Last Post 29 giu 2015, 14:16 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 29 giu 2015, 14:16 GMT-4
Hi,

Maybe one of the reasons is: there is some inconsistencies in your input data. which means that you didn't define correctly your data.
So, if you are sure about your data, then you didn't define correctly your parameters.

Hope it helps.
Best
Sepideh
Hi, Maybe one of the reasons is: there is some inconsistencies in your input data. which means that you didn't define correctly your data. So, if you are sure about your data, then you didn't define correctly your parameters. Hope it helps. Best Sepideh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.