Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

triangular mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello. i wanna ask how to make a uniform triangular mesh? suppose now i have a rectangle to be meshed. i hope that the mesh is composed of triangles with the same size, uniformly distributed in the rectangle. i guess 'map' or 'free' mesh can't work. what can i do? thanks very much

1 Reply Last Post 21 ago 2010, 14:37 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 ago 2010, 14:37 GMT-4
Hi,
try with a mapped mesh at beginning and then split every quad element into two triangles (to do this go to mesh>interactive meshing>convert mesh... I am using comsol 3.5a).

Hope this help

Pasquale
Hi, try with a mapped mesh at beginning and then split every quad element into two triangles (to do this go to mesh>interactive meshing>convert mesh... I am using comsol 3.5a). Hope this help Pasquale

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.