Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Memory error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am getting the following error:

Failed to find a solution.
Unable to read or write out-of-core file.
Returned solution is not converged.

I am using an extra fine mesh, because I am modelling the stresses in microwells in a PDMS strip, and with a courser mesh the wells aren't defined.

Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post 29 ott 2015, 05:03 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Valerie Bentivegna

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 9 years ago 28 ott 2015, 09:40 GMT-4
Hi~!

this problem happens to me recently. I think, maybe it is the reason that the virtual memory is exhausted while calculation. Try to set virtual memory to a bigger disk and make it larger.

I am going to try this way, hoping I am lucky~~

Best regards

Xiaoqiu HE
Hi~! this problem happens to me recently. I think, maybe it is the reason that the virtual memory is exhausted while calculation. Try to set virtual memory to a bigger disk and make it larger. I am going to try this way, hoping I am lucky~~ Best regards Xiaoqiu HE

Posted: 9 years ago 29 ott 2015, 05:03 GMT-4
Hi~!

Now I am totally sure that this problem is caused by the exhaustion of windows' virtual memory. Set window's virtual memory to a disk which has a large free space and re-run the model, then you would not meet that problem again.

Best regards

Xiaoqiu HE
Hi~! Now I am totally sure that this problem is caused by the exhaustion of windows' virtual memory. Set window's virtual memory to a disk which has a large free space and re-run the model, then you would not meet that problem again. Best regards Xiaoqiu HE

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.