Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Use Weak Contribution in Solid Mechanic Module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I would like to use Weak Contribution in Solid Mechanic Module on All Domain of a model. But when use Solid Mechanic Module, Linear Elastic Material is added automatically as default.

Linear Elastic Material also has equations, but I would like to use my weak equation instead of COMSOL equation.

Can I use Weak Contribution in Solid Mechanic Module without effect from Linear elastic material?
or
Can I input my own weak equation in Solid Mechanic Module?

Thank you

1 Reply Last Post 3 ott 2016, 17:52 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Wares Chancharoen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 3 ott 2016, 17:52 GMT-4
In case someone is still interested:

"In the Model Builder, when you right-click any physics interface node and open the
context menu, there are additional feature nodes that can be added to your model. To
enable this feature and add the following nodes, click the Show button ( ) and select
Advanced Physics Options"

Weak contribution and some other options become available (visible) then.
In case someone is still interested: "In the Model Builder, when you right-click any physics interface node and open the context menu, there are additional feature nodes that can be added to your model. To enable this feature and add the following nodes, click the Show button ( ) and select Advanced Physics Options" Weak contribution and some other options become available (visible) then.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.