Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

covering two parametric surface into a solid object

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I use two parametric function to define two function, and want to generate a solid object based on the parametric surface. However, I don't know why I just could not do the conversion (empty output). could anyone please help me with this probelm.

2 Replies Last Post 30 lug 2015, 19:24 GMT-4
Frank van Gool COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 29 lug 2015, 10:25 GMT-4
Hi Ramsay,

The surface is not really closed when you let it run from 0-2*pi, so I advise to split the surface in two, one from 0-pi, one from pi-2*pi. And then combining these. You might need to modify the repair tolerances a bit though (not in this example).

Attached your kiwi fruit, which even meshes easily.

Best regards,
Frank
Hi Ramsay, The surface is not really closed when you let it run from 0-2*pi, so I advise to split the surface in two, one from 0-pi, one from pi-2*pi. And then combining these. You might need to modify the repair tolerances a bit though (not in this example). Attached your kiwi fruit, which even meshes easily. Best regards, Frank

Posted: 9 years ago 30 lug 2015, 19:24 GMT-4
Thank you very much Frank, it work now. cheers
Thank you very much Frank, it work now. cheers

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.