Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

capacitance as function of frequency

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I know how to simulate the capacitance of a static capacitor. Now I want to change the static voltage to a AC source and I want to see the capacitance as function of frequency. How can I do this? Is there any example? Thanks!!!!!!

2 Replies Last Post 4 ago 2015, 13:51 GMT-4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 9 years ago 4 ago 2015, 13:36 GMT-4
Jintao,

you can of course do a frequency domain study instead of the static study. However, capacitance does not depend on frequency unless any material properties (dielectric) are frequency dependent.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Jintao, you can of course do a frequency domain study instead of the static study. However, capacitance does not depend on frequency unless any material properties (dielectric) are frequency dependent. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 9 years ago 4 ago 2015, 13:51 GMT-4
Thanks. The example here is very helpful and if relative permittivity and conductivity of the material is independent on freq the capacitance won't change.

www.comsol.com/model/frequency-domain-modeling-of-a-capacitor-12693

Now my question is what's the relative permittivity and conductivity of PBS as a function of frequency? I need them in my simulation
Thanks. The example here is very helpful and if relative permittivity and conductivity of the material is independent on freq the capacitance won't change. http://www.comsol.com/model/frequency-domain-modeling-of-a-capacitor-12693 Now my question is what's the relative permittivity and conductivity of PBS as a function of frequency? I need them in my simulation

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.