Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

dielectrophoresis simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi all,

i have been working on dielectrophoresis simulation in comsol. i have got the simulation successful but have few issues in plotting.

1. i want to have 1D plot the dielectrophoresis force and drag force on particle from inlet to outlet. how to do that in comsol. when i try plotting 1D, of the Fdep, it always shows error and asks to select the particle, but i do not know how to select a particle for the plot.

2. if i want to plot 1D plot of the drag and Fdep force using the formula, i need the claussious mossoti factor which would have been computed by the comsol while solving for the DEP. how to retrieve it and include in my plot expression. similarly in the case of drag force.

3. in the inlet, i am either able to release particle as grid based or single species or uniformly distributed. but i need to release the particle at different height to check for the dep effect. how to do that? comsol does not have user defined inlet position? please help as early as possible.

hari

0 Replies Last Post 9 ago 2015, 05:10 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sekar Harikrishnan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.