Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

What should I do 3 phase Generator 2D in Model library

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

This example is the single phase Gen.

If the single phase Gen can be three phase Gen, How to improve or apply it

Vi=NN * L (integration(Ez.dA)) / A

This eq from

And the Eq can be use with three phase or not

What is the principle to definte Vi

Thanks you in advance

i sas

7 Replies Last Post 19 ago 2012, 20:34 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello I Sas

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 mag 2011, 07:17 GMT-4
Hi,

i'm simulating also 3 phase motor (U, V and W) and using this

ViU= mod1.intopUp(L*rmm.Ez/A)-mod1.intopUn(L*rmm.Ez/A)

mod1.intopUp ist integration of U phase wire that goes -p for positive, -n for negative

ViV=mod1.intopVp(L*rmm.Ez/A)-mod1.intopVn(L*rmm.Ez/A)
ViW=mod1.intopWp(L*rmm.Ez/A)-mod1.intopWn(L*rmm.Ez/A)

it's just worked (it solved. i havent evaluate the result, but maybe...

regards
akmal
Hi, i'm simulating also 3 phase motor (U, V and W) and using this ViU= mod1.intopUp(L*rmm.Ez/A)-mod1.intopUn(L*rmm.Ez/A) mod1.intopUp ist integration of U phase wire that goes -p for positive, -n for negative ViV=mod1.intopVp(L*rmm.Ez/A)-mod1.intopVn(L*rmm.Ez/A) ViW=mod1.intopWp(L*rmm.Ez/A)-mod1.intopWn(L*rmm.Ez/A) it's just worked (it solved. i havent evaluate the result, but maybe... regards akmal

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 mag 2011, 07:48 GMT-4
Hi

if you have 3 phases at 120° dephasing, you probably have a "phasor" term and should consider the real and imaginary parts, no ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you have 3 phases at 120° dephasing, you probably have a "phasor" term and should consider the real and imaginary parts, no ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 giu 2011, 17:19 GMT-4
Dear Akmal,
I am trying to simulate the 3-phase induction motor, but i do not know how to deal with the phase A, B , and C
can you help me please

Thanks
Natheer
Dear Akmal, I am trying to simulate the 3-phase induction motor, but i do not know how to deal with the phase A, B , and C can you help me please Thanks Natheer

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 giu 2011, 08:50 GMT-4
Hi,

it is a perfect example from Floris van Kempen. please try to evaluate it.

www.ch.comsol.com/community/forums/4-1/thread/19133/

www.ch.comsol.com/community/forums/4-1/download/file/7889/pm_motor_no_solutions.mph

regards
akmal
Hi, it is a perfect example from Floris van Kempen. please try to evaluate it. http://www.ch.comsol.com/community/forums/4-1/thread/19133/ http://www.ch.comsol.com/community/forums/4-1/download/file/7889/pm_motor_no_solutions.mph regards akmal

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 giu 2011, 10:01 GMT-4
Hi Akmal,
I have COMSOL 3.5, and I think the model is made on COMSOL 4.1.
I can not open it !!!!
Is there any idea ???

Also I am trying to simulate the induction machine, but the software can not mesh one part.
Can you help me how to mesh it manually ?? or any idea to overcome this problem.

you can write to me directly to my email
natheer80@yahoo.com

Regards
Hi Akmal, I have COMSOL 3.5, and I think the model is made on COMSOL 4.1. I can not open it !!!! Is there any idea ??? Also I am trying to simulate the induction machine, but the software can not mesh one part. Can you help me how to mesh it manually ?? or any idea to overcome this problem. you can write to me directly to my email natheer80@yahoo.com Regards

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 giu 2011, 11:41 GMT-4
Daer Akmal,
I have already solved the problem of mesh
but still i do not know exactly how i should deal with phases ?!!!
I tried to inject the windings by current density J varies with time , is that correct ????

Please reply to this
Natheer
natheer80@yahoo.com
Daer Akmal, I have already solved the problem of mesh but still i do not know exactly how i should deal with phases ?!!! I tried to inject the windings by current density J varies with time , is that correct ???? Please reply to this Natheer natheer80@yahoo.com

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 ago 2012, 20:34 GMT-4
Hi friends,
I am simulating 3D axial flux permanent magnet generator using comsol 4.3, i am having trouble in plotting time dependent voltage curve. In model library there is a 2d generator example which has used formula below for the induced voltage in the windings:

"mod1.intop1(L*rmm.Ez/A)- mod1.intop2(L*rmm.Ez/A)"
where, L is length of generator, A is area of coil

But I donot understand this formula, how this works??
In my opinion both the terms are equal and result must be zero.

Please, anyone can explain how this work.

Thank you.
Hi friends, I am simulating 3D axial flux permanent magnet generator using comsol 4.3, i am having trouble in plotting time dependent voltage curve. In model library there is a 2d generator example which has used formula below for the induced voltage in the windings: "mod1.intop1(L*rmm.Ez/A)- mod1.intop2(L*rmm.Ez/A)" where, L is length of generator, A is area of coil But I donot understand this formula, how this works?? In my opinion both the terms are equal and result must be zero. Please, anyone can explain how this work. Thank you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.