Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

RAM using

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone!
I couldn't find the answer on the forum.
I have 32 Gb RAM memory (Win8 x64). The Mesh of 3D model consists of ~300 000 cells. When calculation of a task is performed, memory consumption increases. When memory consumption > RAM = computer freezes/crashes/hangs and calculation stops...
Tell me Plz, what are the ways to solve this problem?
Whether it is possible to change something in the Solver (I have a default settings of Solver) that less memory was consumed? Whether it is possible to keep the intermediate stage of calculation on the hard drive to release the necessary memory size for the subsequent calculation?
How to limit memory consumption in the calculation, so that it does not exceed the available RAM? (I am ready to increase the time of calculation... the main thing is that the calculation is not interrupted).

P.S.
-Doesn't allow to set less cells of model, otherwise errors will occur.
-I can't increase RAM memory size of PC.

0 Replies Last Post 25 ago 2015, 06:34 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mikhail Polous

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.