Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

angle of polarization

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, everyone!
I work with a comsol 5.0. Can you help me to define the angle of a polarization of an incident light which differs from TM or TE?
I use ports:
1) When TE is a incident light that I define : E = {0, exp(-i*kax*x),0}, where kax = emw.k0
2) For TM incident light I defined a port 1: E = {cos(alpha)*exp(-i*kax*x), 0, sin(alpha)*exp(-i*kax*x)}, where alpha - incident light. On port 2: E = {cos(beta)*exp(-i*kbx*x), 0, -sin(beta)*exp(-i*kbx*x)}, where beta = reflected angle.
3) For angle of a polarization 45 deg in YOZ I define :
port1 : E = {cos(pi/4)*cos(alpha)*exp(-i*kax*x), cos(pi/4)*exp(-i*kax*x), cos(pi/4)*sin(alpha)*exp(-i*kax*x)}
port2 : E = {cos(pi/4)*cos(beta)*exp(-i*kbx*x), cos(pi/4)*exp(-i*kbx*x), -cos(pi/4)*sin(beta)*exp(-i*kbx*x)}
But it's not work. Where am i wrong?

1 Reply Last Post 26 mar 2016, 22:00 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alex Shaymanov

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 26 mar 2016, 22:00 GMT-4
Hello,have you figured your problem out?I encountered the same problem as yours.Could you tell me how to solve it?Thanks a lot.
Hello,have you figured your problem out?I encountered the same problem as yours.Could you tell me how to solve it?Thanks a lot.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.