Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Why would it occur using magnetic current "The relative error (0.86) is greater than the relative tolerance."

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I encountered a problem using magnetic current in a 2d-axisymmetric model.

I would like to simulate an electric dipole in an air sphere wrapped by a layer of PML. I used the magnetic current to be the electric dipole but there was an error "The relative error (0.86) is greater than the relative tolerance."

My model is attached below.

Actually, I had simulated a magnetic dipole using line current with the same geometry and boundary conditions and it worked well.

Could you please help me think of some possible ways to address this problem?

Thank you!
Sherry

2 Replies Last Post 24 ago 2016, 04:23 GMT-4

Posted: 9 years ago 15 set 2015, 15:52 GMT-4
Hello,

I happened to try another frequency(100GHz) when doing the frequency domain study. I used 1GHz previously. And it worked.

However, I still have no idea about why the error appeared and disappeared.

Thank you!
Sherry
Hello, I happened to try another frequency(100GHz) when doing the frequency domain study. I used 1GHz previously. And it worked. However, I still have no idea about why the error appeared and disappeared. Thank you! Sherry

Posted: 8 years ago 24 ago 2016, 04:23 GMT-4
Hi:

I am trying to model electic dipole like your work. But I have no idea how to do. If you solve this question? if you did, can you give me some advice. it will be very appriciated.

Thank you
Hi: I am trying to model electic dipole like your work. But I have no idea how to do. If you solve this question? if you did, can you give me some advice. it will be very appriciated. Thank you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.