Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mesh subdomains separatedly

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I have imported a geometry from Solid works, and I have around 20 subdomains. The liquid passes through around 6 subdomains, the rest are impermeable (there is no mass transfer, but there is reaction and electronic transfer, but at the beginning, for simplicity, I only want to simulate the liquid movement, without taking into account the rest of the geometry.

For meshing, there is an error (Error 4130) which says that "impossible to respect geometry edge" In subdomain 2 and sometimes subdomain 3.

I would like to mesh each subdomain separatedly, but when I go to window "Free mesh parameters", and inside to "Subdomains" and select the subdomains, I specify the mesh parameters and Remesh, and all geometry is remeshed. I do not know how to remesh ONLY the subdomains selected.

Could anyone please help me?

Thank you.

3 Replies Last Post 10 set 2010, 04:54 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 set 2010, 04:13 GMT-4
Hi,

Have you tried to use the button "Mesh Selected" instead of "Remesh". I think it should solve your problem.

Have a nice day,

Alois
Hi, Have you tried to use the button "Mesh Selected" instead of "Remesh". I think it should solve your problem. Have a nice day, Alois

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 set 2010, 04:25 GMT-4
I did it in a different way, from the Interactive Meshing --> Mesh selected, which is the same; your option is shorter one.

Thank you !
I did it in a different way, from the Interactive Meshing --> Mesh selected, which is the same; your option is shorter one. Thank you !

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 set 2010, 04:54 GMT-4
Hi

in V4 you should mesh in steps by selecting the items by groups depending on their position and shapes, and adapt the "size" and or mesh type/structure per group.

Global automatic meshing of many doamins often leads to meshin errors like that

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in V4 you should mesh in steps by selecting the items by groups depending on their position and shapes, and adapt the "size" and or mesh type/structure per group. Global automatic meshing of many doamins often leads to meshin errors like that -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.