Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

issue with mphstart after a long time loop

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi ,

I have a loop in MATLAB 2013 in which every time I want to be connected to COMSOL 5.0 server and do some process and then I have to disconnect it and then again I need to connect to the server. I figured out that I can use mphstart to do this connection with server and if I use ModelUtil.clear and get the java exception, I can have continuous connection to the server.

My problem is this process is ok for the first 4-5 loops and when the calculation time inside the loop is short. When I get to the 6 or 7th loop , the loop needs to do some calculations for about 3 hours just for that loop. And then when it is done with the calculation, it can't connect the server anymore and I get this error :

Error using mphstart (line 161)
A connection to COMSOL could not be established. Please check that a COMSOL server is started prior to calling mphstart

So, in short, I can run mphstart for 5-6 continuous times in a loop but at the 7th one, which takes longer time , it disconnects the server and gives me this error. I appreciate if anyone can help me to fix this issue.

Thanks,
Mehrdad

0 Replies Last Post 26 ott 2015, 01:21 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mehrdad Bastani

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.