Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electric field for concentric spheres with a current source

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i am trying to compute electric field and potential for a four concentric spheres with different connectivity. inject a constant 1 [A] current from one cylinder (source) and eject from other one(sink).
for selection and symmetric purposes i had created a number of cylinders in different positions but i am using only two of them at once.
i have done some refinement for mesh purposes.

i am trying to impose the following boundary conditions:
1. Continuity of the normal component of the current density in all the interior boundaries.
2. Make the potential uniform on top of all the cylinders surfaces .
3. Electric insulation in the external boundaries.

initial values:
1. 1[A] source
in the process of building the geometry with layers i made the radius a bit larger? is it necessary?
do i need used Dirichlet Boundary Condition ?
do i need Laplace or just use the Electric Currents is sufficient?
how can i set a source of 1 A from one of the cylinders?
if i using a 1 V as initial value from one cylinder and disable the current source the solution converges, why?
i think my mesh is fine but again i am not sure.

i am know i am doing something wrong but i am not sure what.
how can i know if the solution is reasonable?
any suggestions will be very appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post 26 nov 2015, 06:19 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hilla Fogel

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.