Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

External material error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to compute study using stationary.. but getting add external material error. Figure 3

Already added material and do not want to add any external material. I have also tried to eliminate this error but system wants me to create .dll file to add external material and I do not want to add this.

If any one could help me that will be much appreciated...

5 Replies Last Post 4 ago 2017, 13:38 GMT-4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 7 dic 2015, 02:11 GMT-5
Hi,

The 'External Stress-Strain Relation' node which you have in the model tree is the way to call an external material.

An external material is one which you have coded yourself, and compiled into a .dll file. If that is not your intent, you should not use the 'External Stress-Strain Relation' as material model.

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, The 'External Stress-Strain Relation' node which you have in the model tree is the way to call an external material. An external material is one which you have coded yourself, and compiled into a .dll file. If that is not your intent, you should not use the 'External Stress-Strain Relation' as material model. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 8 years ago 22 ago 2016, 08:34 GMT-4

Hi,

The 'External Stress-Strain Relation' node which you have in the model tree is the way to call an external material.

An external material is one which you have coded yourself, and compiled into a .dll file. If that is not your intent, you should not use the 'External Stress-Strain Relation' as material model.

Regards,
Henrik

Dear Henrik:
I want to know how to get the material parameters in "par" from the external material before forming the total stiffness matrix and whether the Dll is parallel computing.
[QUOTE] Hi, The 'External Stress-Strain Relation' node which you have in the model tree is the way to call an external material. An external material is one which you have coded yourself, and compiled into a .dll file. If that is not your intent, you should not use the 'External Stress-Strain Relation' as material model. Regards, Henrik [/QUOTE] Dear Henrik: I want to know how to get the material parameters in "par" from the external material before forming the total stiffness matrix and whether the Dll is parallel computing.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 22 ago 2016, 10:03 GMT-4
Hello,
If you need your question addressed by a COMSOL engineer, please send it to support@comsol.com or through the web portal www.comsol.com/support/ .
While COMSOL personnel may occasionally contribute to discussions through the Discussion Forum, the Forum is intended for users to exchange ideas among themselves. It is not intended as a way to contact COMSOL staff.
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello, If you need your question addressed by a COMSOL engineer, please send it to support@comsol.com or through the web portal www.comsol.com/support/ . While COMSOL personnel may occasionally contribute to discussions through the Discussion Forum, the Forum is intended for users to exchange ideas among themselves. It is not intended as a way to contact COMSOL staff. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 7 set 2016, 20:46 GMT-4
Thank you
Thank you

Posted: 7 years ago 4 ago 2017, 13:38 GMT-4
I want to know how to compile the c code into the dll file. I try to compile the linear_elastic.c from the comsol web site into the dll file by using the visual studio 2013, but the comsol cannot read the compiled dll file correctly and report error.
I want to know how to compile the c code into the dll file. I try to compile the linear_elastic.c from the comsol web site into the dll file by using the visual studio 2013, but the comsol cannot read the compiled dll file correctly and report error.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.