Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to measure the gain on an antenna in comsol?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Folks,
I wanted to know how can i find the gain of an antenna. I am using one of the examples in comsol website, dipole antenna. Here is the link for it:
www.comsol.com/model/dipole-antenna-8715

How to measure tha gain in an specific direction?
I can see in the 2D polar plot, there is r maximum and r minumum, but i don't really know what does that mean.

Thank you.

--
Hadi Maghsoudiganjeh

4 Replies Last Post 7 lug 2017, 23:04 GMT-4
Maxim Electromobility

Posted: 9 years ago 10 dic 2015, 11:34 GMT-5
Hi Hadi,

following discussion might be interesting for you. It is quite old, however there is no build-in gain-variable implemented in comsol as far as I know.

www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/20515/

Maxim
Hi Hadi, following discussion might be interesting for you. It is quite old, however there is no build-in gain-variable implemented in comsol as far as I know. http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/20515/ Maxim

Posted: 9 years ago 13 dic 2015, 02:15 GMT-5
Thank you Maxim! I found it.
There is an expression for gain under far field that gives the gain both in db and dbi.

--
Hadi Maghsoudiganjeh
Thank you Maxim! I found it. There is an expression for gain under far field that gives the gain both in db and dbi. -- Hadi Maghsoudiganjeh

Posted: 7 years ago 7 lug 2017, 03:51 GMT-4
Updated: 7 years ago 7 lug 2017, 03:52 GMT-4
Hello,

Would you mind to share the equation to calculate the gain please as I have been facing the same issue as you had.

Many thanks,

Yang
Hello, Would you mind to share the equation to calculate the gain please as I have been facing the same issue as you had. Many thanks, Yang

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 7 years ago 7 lug 2017, 23:04 GMT-4
The recent versions of Comsol Multiphysics, RF module, actually do offer expressions for gain in the post-processing options. You can find additional information, including some discussion of the equations used, in the help system. Just search for it.
The recent versions of Comsol Multiphysics, RF module, actually do offer expressions for gain in the post-processing options. You can find additional information, including some discussion of the equations used, in the help system. Just search for it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.