Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

about particle tracing in channel

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

After simulating the velocity in a curved channels, I did not find the right way to predict the movement of particles because I did not find equation or some related options in version 4.0.

The only thing I got is the 'Particle Tracing with Mass' with automatically generated equation.

How can I input inertial lift force, gravity, centrifugal or Dean forces there?

Thank you very much.

4 Replies Last Post 29 nov 2016, 08:15 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 ott 2010, 00:56 GMT-4
I actually encountered the same problem.
I actually encountered the same problem.

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 dic 2010, 22:04 GMT-5
Hi,

yes, me also. I've got the same problem. But probably it can be solved via the COMSOL script or/together with MATLAB. Right now, I'm figuring out this way. The script should be able to suppress the built in functions in the GUI, after all the GUI is just a GUI. But very little materials can be found. It's pitty.

Cheers

Pete.
Hi, yes, me also. I've got the same problem. But probably it can be solved via the COMSOL script or/together with MATLAB. Right now, I'm figuring out this way. The script should be able to suppress the built in functions in the GUI, after all the GUI is just a GUI. But very little materials can be found. It's pitty. Cheers Pete.

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 mar 2011, 06:35 GMT-5
The 'Particle Tracing with Mass' automatically takes all the forces into account because it computes based on the velocity field that already has these foces "encoded" in it - since velocity field is formed by these forces themselves.

I did manage to visualize e.g. Dean force in a U-shaped channel both by plotting the velocity field on a slice and by tracking a particle through the channel.

The only problem that I could do this only in COMSOL 3.5 but the new 4.0 version seems to be unable to do that.
The 'Particle Tracing with Mass' automatically takes all the forces into account because it computes based on the velocity field that already has these foces "encoded" in it - since velocity field is formed by these forces themselves. I did manage to visualize e.g. Dean force in a U-shaped channel both by plotting the velocity field on a slice and by tracking a particle through the channel. The only problem that I could do this only in COMSOL 3.5 but the new 4.0 version seems to be unable to do that.

Posted: 8 years ago 29 nov 2016, 08:15 GMT-5
Hi Daniel,

I've seen your reply about Dean force. Now I'm facing the problem that I cannot visualize Dean force.

It has been a long time since you replied that post, but I need your help very much.

Could you share your way in which you visualize Dean force?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Joel
Hi Daniel, I've seen your reply about Dean force. Now I'm facing the problem that I cannot visualize Dean force. It has been a long time since you replied that post, but I need your help very much. Could you share your way in which you visualize Dean force? Thank you very much. Regards, Joel

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.