Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

diffusive_double_layer application not working

Thales Oselin de Lima Machado

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Application ID: 21981 seems not be working properly when I tried to simulate on COMSOL 5.0.
I just downloaded it from the application library and tried to follow strictly.Not working!

Undefined variable.
- Variable: cX
- Geometry: geom1
- Domain: 1
Failed to evaluate variable.
- Variable: rho_space
- Defined as: (((cX*zX)+(cA*zA))*F_const)
Failed to evaluate variable.
- Variable: comp1.es.scd1.rhoq
- Defined as: rho_space
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: d((-comp1.es.scd1.rhoq*test(comp1.phi)*comp1.es.d)*(dvol),{test@19})
- Feature: Stationary Solver 1 (sol1/s1)

Is it any error caused because I'm not using 5.2 or was simply my fault in not being that careful in the steps?

Thanks in advance.
Have a lovely day!
Best Regards
Thales Machado

2 Replies Last Post 12 apr 2016, 07:48 GMT-4

Posted: 9 years ago 18 dic 2015, 04:02 GMT-5
HI

I found two errors. After fixing them the model works.

1. Variable rho_space must be defined under Component, otherwise Comsol does not understand the variables cA or cX.
2. Under transport of Diluted Species the Electric potential variable must not be User defined but Electric potential (es), i.e. takern from the Electrostatics node.

BR
Lasse
HI I found two errors. After fixing them the model works. 1. Variable rho_space must be defined under Component, otherwise Comsol does not understand the variables cA or cX. 2. Under transport of Diluted Species the Electric potential variable must not be User defined but Electric potential (es), i.e. takern from the Electrostatics node. BR Lasse

Thales Oselin de Lima Machado

Posted: 8 years ago 12 apr 2016, 07:48 GMT-4
Thank you!

Best Regards,
Thales Machado
Thank you! Best Regards, Thales Machado

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.