Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

electrical conductivity of Rice husk

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

sir
on a reference paper ( attached below) shows that electrical conductivity of RIce husk as 24 sigma cm. it means 2400 sigma m. is it is correct value.

for studying microwave absorbing property of RIce husk i make a model on that model has following steps
MODELS- MATERIALS -BASIC PROPERTY- ELECTRICAL CONDUCTIVITY-

can i use the same parameter of electrical conductivity of Ref paper for simulation. or both parameters are different..

1 Reply Last Post 23 dic 2015, 05:09 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 23 dic 2015, 05:09 GMT-5
I think you are mixing concepts here. The symbol for electrical conductivity is sometimes the greek letter sigma (but also kappa or gamma), but the units are Siemens/meter.
On the other hand, electrical resistivity has units of omega x meter

In that article in Table 1 it gives rice husk conductivity as 24 S/cm which is the same as 2400 S/m.
So you can use 2400 Siemens/meter (but not 2400 sigma x m)
I think you are mixing concepts here. The symbol for electrical conductivity is sometimes the greek letter sigma (but also kappa or gamma), but the units are Siemens/meter. On the other hand, electrical resistivity has units of omega x meter In that article in Table 1 it gives rice husk conductivity as 24 S/cm which is the same as 2400 S/m. So you can use 2400 Siemens/meter (but not 2400 sigma x m)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.