Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time study simulation

Arezoo Materials Science

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
In time dependent study simulation in COMSOL, we need to define range in study setting as below:
range(time1, TIME, time2)
This means that the simulation will be study between time1 and time2, the time duration in each time step is adaptive but it can not bigger than TIME and in each TIME the results will be saved.
I need to decrease TIME because I want to put a restriction to max time step in my simulation not bigger than a particular value, but I don't want to save the results in all TIME steps to reduce the memory space.
how can I solve a study in particular time steps but save the results in some of that time steps?

Thanks
Arezoo

2 Replies Last Post 16 mag 2016, 09:35 GMT-4
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 8 years ago 14 mag 2016, 10:03 GMT-4
Keep TIME as big as you need just for output of results and limit the maximum time step the solver can take from the Time Stepping tab of the Time-Dependent Solver node.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Keep TIME as big as you need just for output of results and limit the maximum time step the solver can take from the Time Stepping tab of the Time-Dependent Solver node. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Arezoo Materials Science

Posted: 8 years ago 16 mag 2016, 09:35 GMT-4

Thanks so much for your help,

Arezoo
Thanks so much for your help, Arezoo

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.