Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Flow simulation with moving mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear community,

I am trying to simulate a pretty simple thing - in 2D a cube of water under gravity force should splash down in some closed tank.

So I use Laminar flow (spf) and Moving mesh (ale) modules. spf is set on water domain and the rest of space is "nothing". ale is applied to the whole space and some boundary conditions are set.

But the problem is when water goes out from what initially was water geometry it leaks out downwards because it is not possible to set "wall" condition on what it was not initially a spf domain.

May be it sounds too vague, but please have a look at the model.
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1cSsHKSTTAdVVVnOG92NmliYnc

Where am I wrong?

Thanks for your hints,
Michael

0 Replies Last Post 6 lug 2016, 07:02 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mikhail Abramov

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.