Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Choosing of thickness in Electrical Shielding, Metal between parallel plates in parallel plate capacitor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to study the effect metal electrode when inserted in between plates of a parallel plate capacitor. Since there are two materials; electrolyte with some dielectric constant and a metal that is between the plates. I read some threads and came to know the use of electric shielding in this case. But how do we choose the thickness for electrical shielding???? Is this the thickness of metal?? Moreover, how can I view electric field intensity variation inside the capacitor??? Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post 24 ago 2016, 13:02 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 24 ago 2016, 13:02 GMT-4
To get the field lines go under 2-D plots and add streamlines. You should be able to select to plot the electric field here. It will use the entire geometry though.
To get the field lines go under 2-D plots and add streamlines. You should be able to select to plot the electric field here. It will use the entire geometry though.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.