Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Use mef physiscs to calculate the capacitance

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone, I have a problem with calculation of capacitance by using the physics "mef".

My model is a conductor disk isolated with paper placed in surrounding air. I want to calculate the capacitance of this disk at different frequencies, so I choose "frequency domain" as solver.

After computation, comsol does not provide such a variable of capacitance in global evaluation. Can someone tell me how to calculate the capacitance of the disk in this case?

Before, I always calculate the capacitance with this expression, 2*mef.intWe/real(mef.VCoil_1)^2

However, in this case, a disk is comprised of several independent conductor and I need to exciate each conductor separately. It means, I need to define a "single turn coil" for each conductor. So I can not use the equation above anymore, because there is only one total electric energy.

Thank you very much

0 Replies Last Post 14 feb 2018, 10:14 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Liu Chang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.