Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Need Urgent help with PORTS and Transmission

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I hope that this topic finds you well.

I kindly ask your help with the following issue:

i am trying to reproduce the results of the attached plasmonic nanostructure.

i have built all the structure and the PML boundaries are good and i have validate the structure with eigen frequency study and i saw the plasmonic propagation in the oxide layer. However, i need to build a port to excite an EM wave at specific nano particle and calculate the transmisson. whatever port's shape and whatever port's size i have done, the wave never propagates.

My question, how can i build a port to excite an EM wave at specific nano particle?? and calculate the transmission of the logic gate??

i am looking forward to hearing from you.

yours,

3 Replies Last Post 13 mar 2018, 12:59 GMT-4

Posted: 6 years ago 6 mar 2018, 09:38 GMT-5

This is very important issue I hope someone would answer you.

This is very important issue I hope someone would answer you.

Posted: 6 years ago 13 mar 2018, 05:18 GMT-4

Perhaps you could set the incident boundary condition to the line which is the entrance of your nano-particle area. Then you could set your pointed boundary condition to the line which is the exit of your nano-particle area. And then to adjust the EM equation to the specific s area.

Hope that could help you.

Best

-------------------
Fanfei Meng
Perhaps you could set the incident boundary condition to the line which is the entrance of your nano-particle area. Then you could set your pointed boundary condition to the line which is the exit of your nano-particle area. And then to adjust the EM equation to the specific s area. Hope that could help you. Best

Posted: 6 years ago 13 mar 2018, 12:59 GMT-4

Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you very much for your reply.

The problem is that when i use scattering boundary conditions, the transmission disappears from the (results) menu. That means, i cant calculate the transmission from the scattering boundary condition. I must use PORTS to be able to calculate the transmission.

Moreover, even if i use the scattering boundary condition, no transmission occurs, the wave cant propagate through any shape of ports that i've designed before.

Thank you very much for your reply but still my problem is not solved. i really need other opinions please.

Thanks in advance.

Yours sincerely.

Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you very much for your reply. The problem is that when i use scattering boundary conditions, the transmission disappears from the (results) menu. That means, i cant calculate the transmission from the scattering boundary condition. I must use PORTS to be able to calculate the transmission. Moreover, even if i use the scattering boundary condition, no transmission occurs, the wave cant propagate through any shape of ports that i've designed before. Thank you very much for your reply but still my problem is not solved. i really need other opinions please. Thanks in advance. Yours sincerely.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.