Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Client/Server mode, saving files on local machine

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear NG,

last week I had a similar problem, which I still did not solve but I found out some more details.

When running Comsol (v4.1) on my local Linux machine and connecting it to a remote Comsol Windows server (v4.1, too), I can run my model from a Matlab script without any problems on that server.

Saving the model .mph file that was run on the server on my local machine using model.save() works fine as well.
BUT: When I want to save the results along e.g. a cut line on my local machine, using model.result.export('data1').run does not work.
There is an error message:
??? Java exception occurred:
Exception:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Made 5 attempts creating a temp. file. Giving
up!
(rethrown as com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException)
Made 5 attempts creating a temp. file. Giving up!

The following work-around works:
After saving the .mph file I have to disconnect from the server using ModelUtil.disconnect.
Then I have to connect to the localhost, using ModelUtil.connect('localhost',2036);
And load the model, using model=ModelUtil.load(...);
When I now try to run model.result.export('data1').run, there won't be an error message and the file will be created correctly.

What could cause the error, when I directly try to run the export after having run the model on the server and being still connected to the remote server machine?
My work-around fails, when the file size of the .mph file gets to big to handle for my local machine.
That's why I'd like to run the exporting from the server machine as well.

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot!
Best regards,
Juergen

0 Replies Last Post 11 apr 2011, 04:58 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Juergen Hansmann

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.