Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transparency

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys,

I started the conversion from v3.5a to 4.1 and in doing that I went through the busbar example. I have an annoying problem though. I can't switch on the transparency to see through the air domain. I mean, I can click on the transparency button but almost nothing happens. I say almost since in the upper corner some lines are drawn, but no transparency at all appears.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot in advance!

J

6 Replies Last Post 1 ott 2015, 13:34 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 giu 2011, 10:58 GMT-4
Hi

thats funny, have you tried the wireframe mode ?

It could be linked to your graphical card if it's really a SW/HW issue, for me its OK

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi thats funny, have you tried the wireframe mode ? It could be linked to your graphical card if it's really a SW/HW issue, for me its OK -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 giu 2011, 11:28 GMT-4
Hi,

transparency works for me as well. You might try the different 3D rendering methods OpenGL, DirectX and software rendering.

Cheers
Edgar

Hi, transparency works for me as well. You might try the different 3D rendering methods OpenGL, DirectX and software rendering. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 giu 2011, 08:57 GMT-4
Hi Guys,
I have the same problem here:

the surface plot of the temperature for the busbar example with air stream for cooling DOES NOT display correctly with transparency turned ON.

However, if you make a snapshot of the graphic the exported image is correct and shows transparency.

I am using a 2011 Macbook Pro with a Quad Core i7 and a AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 1GB memory and 8GB main memory.

Honestly, I am quite upset that there is this glitch in the graphics. How do we report this bug?

Someone mentioned changing the rendering options? How do I do that?

Best,
junis
Hi Guys, I have the same problem here: the surface plot of the temperature for the busbar example with air stream for cooling DOES NOT display correctly with transparency turned ON. However, if you make a snapshot of the graphic the exported image is correct and shows transparency. I am using a 2011 Macbook Pro with a Quad Core i7 and a AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 1GB memory and 8GB main memory. Honestly, I am quite upset that there is this glitch in the graphics. How do we report this bug? Someone mentioned changing the rendering options? How do I do that? Best, junis

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 giu 2011, 09:03 GMT-4
OK, software rendering solves the problem, but that is clearly not the point of having a graphics card.

To COMSOL: please fix this!
OK, software rendering solves the problem, but that is clearly not the point of having a graphics card. To COMSOL: please fix this!

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 giu 2011, 09:19 GMT-4
Hi

no use to report these kind of bugs only here, as we are mostly users as you are.

Send a detailed description to "support" they can take care of this, we others out herecannot do much, apart for being warned, always interesting ;

it could be a java issue too anyhow

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi no use to report these kind of bugs only here, as we are mostly users as you are. Send a detailed description to "support" they can take care of this, we others out herecannot do much, apart for being warned, always interesting ; it could be a java issue too anyhow -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 9 years ago 1 ott 2015, 13:34 GMT-4
I am facing the same problem ,please help me out.
I am facing the same problem ,please help me out.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.