Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat transfer in assembly

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am working on a simulation of FDM using COMSOL. The geometry I've attached with this discussion is 2D geometry of a simple model which assumes the layer by layer deposition process. I would like to use "form assmebly" option in the geometry, in order to study the heat transfer ad cooling process between the layers of the model. I have selected "Contact pair" in the assembly in the model. I tried linking the materials using "layered material link" option but the heat is not transferring between the layers.

In terms of physics I have used solid mechanics and heat transfer in solids. In solid mechanics I have paired the layers using the option "contact". In heat transfer, I have a moving heat source on the layers, so pairing the layers overrides the moving heat source.

I would like to know, how to link the layers of the model and study the heat transfer between the layers. Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks, Anto

1 Reply Last Post 3 feb 2020, 05:21 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anto Antony Samy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Karam Yelles Chaouche

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 3 feb 2020, 05:21 GMT-5

Hello Antony,

Did you find an issue to simulate the heat transfer in assembly form and a thin layer? Because I am in the same situation as yours, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Karam

Hello Antony, Did you find an issue to simulate the heat transfer in assembly form and a thin layer? Because I am in the same situation as yours, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Karam

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.