Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to save deformed geometry so that it can be used as new initial geometry for another analysis ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi.

I am looking the ways to save the deformed geometry at the end of analysis, and i would like to use it as a completely new initial geometry for further analysis, by clearing out the previous solution.

I would appreciate any help ! thanks !

/krishna

5 Replies Last Post 24 dic 2013, 18:05 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 giu 2012, 06:18 GMT-4
Hi

have you read about the feature of the Data Set - Solution (right click) Re-mesh deformed configuration, can this do what you want ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you read about the feature of the Data Set - Solution (right click) Re-mesh deformed configuration, can this do what you want ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 lug 2012, 07:05 GMT-4
Hi,

I tryed this too, but what I got was the original mesh, I then stored the mesh, but a stored geometry can't be remeshed!! When I then continue computing I get a solution that looks relatively good but is still in the non deforemed geometry!!

I attached the file!

Thanks for Helping!!
Andreas
Hi, I tryed this too, but what I got was the original mesh, I then stored the mesh, but a stored geometry can't be remeshed!! When I then continue computing I get a solution that looks relatively good but is still in the non deforemed geometry!! I attached the file! Thanks for Helping!! Andreas

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 apr 2013, 18:05 GMT-4
I am unable to save deformed geometry too (C'l 4.3a)! In fact the tutorial in User Guide regarding the same (Sub-Chapter on "Remeshing a Deformed Geometry—A Quick Example") did not work at my end (the last section where you put instruction for the initial condition to come from Solution 2).
I am unable to save deformed geometry too (C'l 4.3a)! In fact the tutorial in User Guide regarding the same (Sub-Chapter on "Remeshing a Deformed Geometry—A Quick Example") did not work at my end (the last section where you put instruction for the initial condition to come from Solution 2).

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 mag 2013, 20:48 GMT-4
Hi,

I agree the "Remeshing a Deformed Geometry—A Quick Example" tutorial is bugging in the end.

Can anyone update us on this problem?

Thank you

Nicolas
Hi, I agree the "Remeshing a Deformed Geometry—A Quick Example" tutorial is bugging in the end. Can anyone update us on this problem? Thank you Nicolas

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 dic 2013, 18:05 GMT-5
Hi there,

still no solution on this one? I am starting to work with deformed geometries, having trouble with the example from the user's guide as well.

Did anyone figure out what is the problem, yet?

Best
Christian
Hi there, still no solution on this one? I am starting to work with deformed geometries, having trouble with the example from the user's guide as well. Did anyone figure out what is the problem, yet? Best Christian

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.