Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

surge voltage induced by stray inductance (Magnetic Fields, Current Only and Electrical Current)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have calcuted the inductance of a open loop including wire, chip, and pin in a power module by Magnetic Fields, Current Only interface. Now I want to calculate the surge voltage can be induced due to the stray inductance (version 5.6).

I tried to calculate it by Magnetic Fields, Current Only and Electrical Current, but there is no coil excitation option which is like Circuit (current) in Magnetic Fields interface. Maybe there is no connection between Magnetic Fields, Current Only and Electrical Current interfaces.

And I also tried to calculate a circuit constituting a Voltage source, a Resistor, and an inductor. When the Vin is set as a kind of source type, the voltage can not be influenced by the inductor according to the results.

Is it can be realized by COMSOL?

Thanks Zaiqi Lou

0 Replies Last Post 2 mar 2022, 03:56 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zaiqi Lou

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.