Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electric Circuits

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I would like to ask how i could create parallel circuit devices ( such as parallel resistors or resistor-capacitor couple or to be more complex a resistor and voltage source parallel to a capacitor). When i triedro give same node to two resistor to make them parallel (i thougt it would be the solution which is not), Comsol give me " matrix has zero in diagonal " error. Also, i am actually trying to connect circuit with a model. For just one resistor, i can do it. When capacitor and parallel connections are getting into the job, I am getting errors. Thanks for your help.

1 Reply Last Post 4 mar 2023, 18:33 GMT-5
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 year ago 4 mar 2023, 18:33 GMT-5

Draw the circuit and label the nodes. THEN specify your components and associated nodes.

Without looking at the circuit we can't tell where you made the mistake. But you will probably see the problem once you draw the circuit.

OR you could post the model. Maybe somebody will use your netlist to draw the circuit, in order to see the problem.

Draw the circuit and label the nodes. THEN specify your components and associated nodes. Without looking at the circuit we can't tell where you made the mistake. But you will probably see the problem once you draw the circuit. OR you could post the model. Maybe somebody will use your netlist to draw the circuit, in order to see the problem.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.