Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error in swept of a mapped/quad mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am getting a problem in the meshing of a multilayer, composed of 3 very thin layers (0.3, 0.01, 0.04 mm). I want to mesh them using a mapped mesh, and then swept (using one swept for all the layers, since the width and the depth of the layers are equal)
It works initially, but then when I want to refine the mapped mesh (passing from the default, Normal, to Fine or more), I will get an error in the swept operation, that is: "Mesh on source and destination edge do not match." and the edges involved in this problem are both on the thinnest layer (the intermediate one).
Same problem if I use the similar Quad mesh.

I attach a model-example of the problem

I am not really able to manage this problem, does anybody encounter this odd problem?
Thank you for any suggestion

Fabio

1 Reply Last Post 15 mag 2013, 01:59 GMT-4
Thierry Luthy COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 15 mag 2013, 01:59 GMT-4
Hello Fabio,

As we discuss:
The best way is to create a mapped mesh and then sweep the domains separately i.e. swept mesh "in cascade".

Look at the attached model.

Très cordialement,
Thierry
Hello Fabio, As we discuss: The best way is to create a mapped mesh and then sweep the domains separately i.e. swept mesh "in cascade". Look at the attached model. Très cordialement, Thierry

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.