Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

can we use deformed geometry from one physics to analyze it other physics?

Fnu Mohammed Taqiuddin

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear ALL,

I have a question,i have results from one physics(deformed geometry) and i want to use it for further analysis in other physics.is there any way to do it.
i have attached my deformed and un-deformed geometry pics.

please let me know if it can be done in any way.

thanks

8 Replies Last Post 1 set 2015, 09:05 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 ott 2013, 22:26 GMT-4
how about this:

1. right-click results>data sets>solution 1(if solution 1 includes the deformed geometry's solution), click remesh deformed configuration.
2. right-click meshes>deformed configuration, click export to file.
3. select file type and insert filename path.
4. click export.
5. right-click geometry, select import.
6. choose the file you exported in 4.

done!!!
how about this: 1. right-click results>data sets>solution 1(if solution 1 includes the deformed geometry's solution), click remesh deformed configuration. 2. right-click meshes>deformed configuration, click export to file. 3. select file type and insert filename path. 4. click export. 5. right-click geometry, select import. 6. choose the file you exported in 4. done!!!

Fnu Mohammed Taqiuddin

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 ott 2013, 12:53 GMT-4
hi TAE,

many thanks for the reply.

but for some reason when i try it,i still get same undeformed geometry after exporting it.
can you name or point an example of that kind so that i ca go through?

once again thanks
hi TAE, many thanks for the reply. but for some reason when i try it,i still get same undeformed geometry after exporting it. can you name or point an example of that kind so that i ca go through? once again thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 ott 2013, 00:32 GMT-4
Hi,

I uploaded test.zip file.

In test.mph file, there are two Models. One is the moving mesh and structural mechanics, another is heat transfer.

after solving the first model, i exported test.mphtxt using the procedure I mentioned before.

and then,

I imported it in the geometry section. you can find the geometry that is deformed.

thanks
Hi, I uploaded test.zip file. In test.mph file, there are two Models. One is the moving mesh and structural mechanics, another is heat transfer. after solving the first model, i exported test.mphtxt using the procedure I mentioned before. and then, I imported it in the geometry section. you can find the geometry that is deformed. thanks

Fnu Mohammed Taqiuddin

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 ott 2013, 01:20 GMT-4
hi TAE,

i cannot open the zip file you attach.
can you attach it again please.

many thanks
hi TAE, i cannot open the zip file you attach. can you attach it again please. many thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 ott 2013, 04:05 GMT-4
Hi,

I attached test.mph file.

thanks.

Note : If you want to get a deformed geometry, you need to setup the moving mesh interface.

Hi, I attached test.mph file. thanks. Note : If you want to get a deformed geometry, you need to setup the moving mesh interface.

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 apr 2014, 20:29 GMT-4

how about this:

1. right-click results>data sets>solution 1(if solution 1 includes the deformed geometry's solution), click remesh deformed configuration.
2. right-click meshes>deformed configuration, click export to file.
3. select file type and insert filename path.
4. click export.
5. right-click geometry, select import.
6. choose the file you exported in 4.

done!!!

Hi, Tae,

Thanks for this instruction, it works in GUI. Do you know the matlab script for the steps 2-4.

I tried to implement the export of deformed geometry automatically but can not find the matlab script.

Hope you can still reach this post~
[QUOTE] how about this: 1. right-click results>data sets>solution 1(if solution 1 includes the deformed geometry's solution), click remesh deformed configuration. 2. right-click meshes>deformed configuration, click export to file. 3. select file type and insert filename path. 4. click export. 5. right-click geometry, select import. 6. choose the file you exported in 4. done!!! [/QUOTE] Hi, Tae, Thanks for this instruction, it works in GUI. Do you know the matlab script for the steps 2-4. I tried to implement the export of deformed geometry automatically but can not find the matlab script. Hope you can still reach this post~

Posted: 10 years ago 6 nov 2014, 17:56 GMT-5
Hi, I have the same problems.
Could you find the Matlab script for exporting the deformed geometry?

Please share to me if you got this.

Thanks very much.
Hi, I have the same problems. Could you find the Matlab script for exporting the deformed geometry? Please share to me if you got this. Thanks very much.

Gerardo E. Villarreal-Garcia

Posted: 9 years ago 1 set 2015, 09:05 GMT-4
Thanks Tae! This was extremely useful!

--
-------------------------
Gerardo Villarreal
PhD Student

Centre for Quantum Photonics
H.H. Wills Physics Laboratory
University of Bristol
Tyndall Avenue
Bristol
BS8 1TL, UK

Office 1.25
Email: Gerardo.VillarrealGarcia@bristol.ac.uk
Thanks Tae! This was extremely useful! -- ------------------------- Gerardo Villarreal PhD Student Centre for Quantum Photonics H.H. Wills Physics Laboratory University of Bristol Tyndall Avenue Bristol BS8 1TL, UK Office 1.25 Email: Gerardo.VillarrealGarcia@bristol.ac.uk

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.