Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

eigenvalue shift with additional point, no mass assigned

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I've met some trouble when calculating the eigen-frequencies of notched plate. I've compared three cases, the first one is a simply notched plate, the second one is a notched plate with one more point in the bottom of the plate for future point load, the third cases is to calculate the dynamic response of a notched plate.

My current problem is the eigenvalues of the first two cases are quite different, i.e., simple notched plate and the notched plate with one additional point, I don't know what the difference comes from, is it due to the mesh? or it's due to the additional mass of this point(I don't assign additional mass to this point)? or due to some default damping that I'm ignoring?

0 Replies Last Post 5 giu 2014, 15:30 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jie Yang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.