Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

about the mesh problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am simulating a beam with a boundary load force (as a function of time) acting on it. The beam(3.8m*5cm) is deformed (large deformation). I use the moving mesh. I set a rectangle( 4m*1m) outside the beam and the place between the rectangle and the beam is free deformation. The time dependent study can only work when the height of the beam is not that small( 5cm), but it can not get the result when the height is even smaller( 0.5cm). There would be an error ( mesh quality could not be achieved). I don't know the reason to that question. Actually I have also meet problem in other cases like this, when the mesh gets finer, there will be this kind of problem.

Does anyone know about this? What should be done to deal with this? Thank you very much!

Best,

Ting

0 Replies Last Post 10 giu 2014, 18:35 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ting Zhou

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.