Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I switch solutions in a plot quickly? with short command

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I have a mode analysis with lots of modes (50-100 solutions) and I want to find the right one by looking through them. Is there a way to switch the solution no in the plot quicker than to select the solution from the flip down menu and press F8? I want to be able to plot next/prev solution with one key stroke, can it be done?

2 Replies Last Post 14 ott 2014, 07:37 GMT-4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 10 years ago 14 ott 2014, 06:08 GMT-4
Hi,

Here is a method which you can use for browsing many eigenmodes:

1. Add a Player under Export.
2. Make sure that the 'Sequence type' is set to 'Stored Solutions'.
3. Use manual selection of the eigenvalues. Select the first 30 modes, e.g. as range(1,1,30)
3. Set 'Number of frames' equal to the number of eigenmodes you want to browse through (=30).
4. Click 'Generate Frame'
5. Now drag the slider to browse the eigenmodes.
6. Repeat for modes 31 to 60 etc.

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, Here is a method which you can use for browsing many eigenmodes: 1. Add a Player under Export. 2. Make sure that the 'Sequence type' is set to 'Stored Solutions'. 3. Use manual selection of the eigenvalues. Select the first 30 modes, e.g. as range(1,1,30) 3. Set 'Number of frames' equal to the number of eigenmodes you want to browse through (=30). 4. Click 'Generate Frame' 5. Now drag the slider to browse the eigenmodes. 6. Repeat for modes 31 to 60 etc. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 10 years ago 14 ott 2014, 07:37 GMT-4
Thanks! it's good enough!
Thanks! it's good enough!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.